National Recognition Continues To Pour In For USCCA’s Publication, Concealed Carry Magazine
USCCA’s Concealed Carry Magazine and Content Team Win Several Awards For Their Work
By: Tim Schmidt
September 4th, 2018
West Bend, WI – In late 2012, I was looking to bring someone new on board to lead the USCCA’s media team and provide a vision and plan for expanding and improving Concealed Carry Magazine. With a background in law enforcement, firearms training and the publishing world, Kevin Michalowski turned out to be the perfect choice.
When Kevin first jumped in to his new role as executive editor of CCM, he told me that his goal was to make each issue “better than the last.”
Six years later, Kevin, with a team of nearly 20, still operates within and works toward that noble mission. Somehow, he manages to deliver on that promise every single time. But it doesn’t end there.
The entire Content Department — Beth, Bruce, Carla, Carol, Daniel, Dusty, Ed, Jake, Jared, Kelly, Ken M., Ken W., Kurt, Mark B., Mark W., Sarah, Thomas and Tyler — plays a role in producing interesting and lifesaving content here at the USCCA. And even people outside the world of firearms and self-defense have started taking notice.
Kevin’s team has collected a handful of very prestigious industry awards:
American Society of Magazine Editors (ASME) Best Cover Contest
- 2018 Readers’ Choice Award Finalist — Concealed Carry Magazine, May/June 2017 Issue
- 2018 Readers’ Choice Award – Best Service and Lifestyle Category — Concealed Carry Magazine, May/June 2017 Issue
Folio: Magazine Eddie & Ozzie Awards
- 2018 Eddies Finalist – Full Issue – Association/Non-Profit – Consumer, General — Concealed Carry Magazine, May/June 2017 Issue
- 2018 Ozzies Finalist – Overall Design (Single Magazine Issue) – Association/Non-Profit – Consumer, General — Concealed Carry Magazine, April 2018 Issue
- 2018 Ozzies Finalist – Overall Design Excellence – Association/Non-Profit – Consumer, General — Concealed Carry Magazine, April 2018 Issue
- 2018 Ozzies Finalist – Table of Contents – Association/Non-Profit — Concealed Carry Magazine, February/March 2018 Issue
Milwaukee Press Club Excellence in Wisconsin Journalism Contest
- 2018 Gold – Best News Photograph — Ken Wangler, “The Day,” Concealed Carry Magazine, January 2017 Issue
- 2018 Silver – Best Overall Design — Concealed Carry Magazine
- 2018 Silver – Best Single Cover Design — Concealed Carry Magazine, May/June 2017 Issue
- 2018 Bronze – Best Public Service Story or Series — Ed Combs, “Uncle Ed’s Travel Guide,” Concealed Carry Magazine, February/March 2017 and April 2017 Issues
Next Generation Indie Book Awards
- 2018 Finalist – Current Events/Social Change — Countering the Mass Shooter Threat, by Michael Martin
- 2018 Finalist – Education/Academic (Non-Fiction) — Concealed Carry and Home Defense Fundamentals – 2nd Edition, by Michael Martin
- 2018 Finalist – Women’s Issues (Non-Fiction) — Women’s Handgun and Self-Defense Fundamentals, by Beth Alcazar
- 2018 Finalist – Best Overall Design Non-Fiction — Women’s Handgun and Self-Defense Fundamentals, by Beth Alcazar
Niche Media Nichee Awards:
- 2016 Best Niche Consumer Publication — Concealed Carry Magazine
- 2017 Best Niche Association Magazine — Concealed Carry Magazine
- 2018 Best Use of Video — USCCA’s Proving Ground Series
- 2018 Best Business to Consumer Niche Magazine — Concealed Carry Magazine
- 2018 Best Niche Media Company — USCCA/Delta Defense LLC The Telly Awards
- 2016 Bronze – Videography – Advanced Gunfighting & Survival Tactics
- 2017 Silver – Best Web Series – USCCA’s Proving Ground Episode 3
- 2017 Silver – Best Web Series – USCCA’s Proving Ground Episode 4
Given the talented and dedicated members of his team, Kevin said it’s no surprise that the USCCA Content Department continues to earn praise across the country and beyond.
“The fact that we’ve won so many awards in so many different categories shows the overall quality of our entire team,” Kevin said. “This level of work is never the result of the efforts of just one person. We have an amazing team, and I am proud to be a part of it.”
Honestly, I believe the USCCA delivers the best self-defense content in the nation. I’m humbled to have someone like Kevin leading the great group of people that helps to make that happen.
About the USCCA:
The U.S. Concealed Carry Association (USCCA) provides education, training and self-defense protection to responsible American gun owners. Headquartered in West Bend, WI, the USCCA is the largest and fastest-growing association whose sole focus is the responsibly armed American.
Press Contact: [email protected]