Tim Schmidt Press Kit
Tim Schmidt Biography
USCCA President & Founder
Tim Schmidt attended Michigan Tech University where he earned a B.S. degree in Mechanical Engineering in 1994.
After working for a medical equipment company and then a computer hardware company, Tim started his first successful business in 1997. This business, Schmidt Engineering, provided mechanical engineering services to a wide array of companies. In 2003, Tonnie Schmidt and Tim Schmidt founded Delta Defense and the United States Concealed Carry Association (USCCA) and began publishing a self-defense magazine that focused on responsible firearms ownership. This magazine grew into a national association providing self-defense education, training and legal protection to its members.
The USCCA has more than 300,000 members and 2 million newsletter subscribers. Delta Defense employs over 240 people in 12 states and was named to the Inc. 5000 list of America’s fastest growing private companies in 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, and 2018.
Tim and Tonnie have three children (ages 20, 18 & 15). Tim enjoys boxing, running, reading, shooting and riding motorcycles.
Last Update: 3/18/2019
Tim Schmidt In The Media
Tim Schmidt 60 Minutes - Promo Video
Tim Schmidt Appearances
USCCA Studio & Satellite Uplink Capabilities
The USCCA has its own on-site video production and photography studio.
The USCCA houses it’s own video production studio. This space is a sound-proof room complete with green screen, infinity wall, and a Milwaukee cityscape to conduct national news interviews via satellite uplink.
The USCCA is equipped with a full TV-ready studio and set including the following features:
- NewTek VS400 Skype call system
- LTN B964 live stream system
- Producer line, IFB line
- Day/Night cityscape backdrop
- Dynamic lighting
- 4K camera
USCCA & Tim Schmidt Images
Click Image To Download For Approved Use
Schmidt Family Photo
Tim and Tonnie with their three children Sten (14), Dagny (17) and Tim Jr. (19)
Click File Type To Begin Download
R207 G10 B44
C2 M100 Y85 K6
R0 G48 B86
C100 M57 Y12 K66
The United States Concealed Carry Association (USCCA) provides self-defense education, training and legal protection to responsible American gun owners. Headquartered in West Bend, WI, the USCCA is the largest and fastest-growing association whose sole focus is the responsibly armed American.
About Delta Defense
Delta Defense is the private company that provides marketing, operations and customer care services to the United States Concealed Carry Association (USCCA). Delta Defense employs over 240 people, with headquarters located in West Bend, WI.
USCCA Currently Has:
- Over 300,000 Members
- Over 2 Million Newsletter subscribers
- Over 240 Delta Defense Employees
- Over 315,000 Concealed Carry Magazine Subscribers
USCCA & Delta Defense Awards:
- Inc. Magazine’s Inc. 5000 Fastest Growing Companies: 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018
- 2015 Stevies Silver Award for Customer Service
- 2016 Stevies Bronze Awards for Customer Service
- 2017 Stevies Bronze Awards for Customer Service
- 2016 Niche Media Best Niche Consumer Magazine — Concealed Carry Magazine
- 2017 Niche Media Best Niche Association Magazine — Concealed Carry Magazine
- 2018 Niche Media Best Use of Video — USCCA's Proving Ground Series
- 2018 Niche Media Best Business to Consumer Niche Magazine — Concealed Carry Magazine
- 2018 Niche Media Best Niche Media Company — USCCA/Delta Defense LLC
- 2019 Niche Media Best Association Event — Concealed Carry Expo
- 2019 Niche Media Best eNewsletter — Concealed Carry Report
- 2016 Telly Awards for Videography — Advanced Gun Fighting and Survival Tactics
- 2017 Telly Awards for Web Series — Proving Grounds Web Series
- Milwaukee Journal Sentinel Top Workplaces 2016 Leadership Award — Tim Schmidt
- Milwaukee Journal Sentinel Top Workplaces 2016 — Small Business
- Milwaukee Journal Sentinel Top Workplaces 2017 — Small Business
- Milwaukee Business Journal #1 Best Place To Work 2016 — Medium Category
- Milwaukee Business Journal #1 Best Place To Work 2017 — Large Category
- WEDA 2017 Winner for Business Retention and Expansion
Tim Schmidt, Founder and President of the USCCA, is available for interviews, and USCCA’s headquarters has a remote satellite-link studio for use during television interviews. For more information, please contact:
3001 Washington Blvd. 7th Floor, Arlington, VA 22201