I’m proud to have the rights and privileges that our Constitution and Bill of Rights guarantee U.S. citizens. Given the uneven history of human civilization, it’s a miracle men and women of power in this nation continue to recognize these great documents as legal and binding almost a quarter of a millennium after the writing. Or do they?
It grieves me terribly that the president has claimed — more than one time — that no Constitutional Amendment is “absolute.” He thus suggests that even something as precious as Freedom of Speech is not set in stone. Other freedoms are vanishing as well. Cancel culture has arrogated unto itself our Freedom of Assembly. And your right to carry concealed could one day be canceled.
According to whitehouse.gov, the Biden-Harris Administration has announced “six initial actions to address the gun violence public health epidemic.” The language uses public health to disguise attacks on our essential freedoms.
Biden’s Six Actions Are:
- Halting the “proliferation” of ghost guns. Chain of ownership cannot be traced on ghost guns as they are built from a parts kit that have no serial numbers.
- Outlawing stabilizing braces for pistols, which “can make a firearm more stable and accurate while still being concealable.”
- Publish a model “red flag” law, “barring people in crisis from accessing firearms if they present a danger to themselves or others.” The administration would also incentivize states (give a lot of money) to adopt their own red flag laws.
- Invest (dump more cash into) the inner cities of America for “evidence-based community violence intervention.”
- Issue a report through ATF that summarizes information regarding investigations into firearms trafficking. Trafficking is one way firearms are diverted into the illegal market where they can easily end up in the hands of dangerous individuals.
- Nominate Dave Chipman to serve as chief of ATF. Chipman is a former ATF agent and now well-paid “senior policy advisor” to the Giffords gun control group.
Gun Control Orders — Just the Beginning
If we think actual legislation is required to implement and enforce these presidential edicts, we would be wrong. And we would be wrong to assume that the drip-drip-drip of actions designed to eventually eliminate many of our hallowed rights will end with these six initiatives. We know what is coming, and it isn’t good. These initiatives from our Commander in Chief are only the beginning of the assault on our basic freedoms. And the right to carry concealed would certainly be among those that the anti-gun wish to destroy. This leaves the law-abiding citizens of America defenseless in the face of violent crime, continuous riot and government tyranny.
Against crime, lawlessness and tyranny we certainly must say a prayer. But then resolve that we will never apologize, never give up and never back down.